We are taking additional measures throughout Relay to meet current COVID-19 restrictions and follow Queensland Government regulations and health advice.
Check-in and Arrivals
We will be implementing a COVIDSafe check-in process, practicing physical distancing, and encouraging good hygiene.
In order to reduce congestion on check-in, we ask that all team members take note of the check-in process before the event.
- Please arrive at the Relay at your dedicated check-in time (timings will be confirmed closer to the event).
- Marshalls will be onsite to assist with COVIDSafe check-in and participants will be issued with a wristband to be worn throughout the duration of the event.
- Once your team has completed the COVIDSafe check-in upon entry, we ask that the Team Captain head over to the check-in area to complete the remainder of their check-in and receive their team kit.
- We ask that all participants practise 1.5m social distancing.
More information will be released closer to the event, stay up to date here or by visiting Gympie Region 2021 Relay Facebook.
To assist in maintaining physical distancing, your allocated site will be placed a minimum of 1.5m apart from other sites.
We will do our best to allocate sites at the standard 6m x 5m.
If your team would like an additional site/space, please contact your Relay coordinator: Richelle Hamment - 07 5451 6043 | email@example.com.
What happens on the day?
Here's what to expect at Relay:
- Opening Ceremony
- Survivors and Carers walk
- Candlelight Ceremony of Hope
- Closing Ceremony
- Entertainment - kids activities, live music and competitions
- Walking tack -keep those team members walking!
You don’t have to stay on the track all night, but we encourage teams to have at least one person on the track at all times to get the most out of your Relay experience.
What to bring to Relay
Be sure to come to Relay prepared! Check the forecast the night before and be prepared for inclement weather.
Here’s a list of things that teams should be sure to have handy on the day:
- Marquee(s) for your allocated site
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm
- Your Relay For Life shirt (if you purchased a 2021 shirt, or have one from previous years)
- Comfortable walking/running shoes
- Warm clothing (pants, jackets, beanies, gloves, etc.)
- Torch and spare batteries
- Wet weather gear (raincoat, poncho, umbrella, etc.)
- Folding chairs and tables
- Plastic sheeting or rubber-backed rug (good on cold or damp ground)
- Marquee decorations and team banners
- Team costumes
- Camera to capture those special moments
- Your team!
What not to bring
- Pets (guide dogs and service dogs are welcome)
- Bikes, scooters or roller blades/skates
- Fundraising money that you want to bank (please bank any money prior to the event or the next business day after Relay)
- Remember, Relay For Life is a smoke-free event.
Check with your Relay event coordinator Richelle Hamment - 07 5451 6043 | firstname.lastname@example.org for special information about the Gympie Region 2021 Relay.