Listen up Relayers, we have compiled an all-you-could-need Fundraising Kit so you can achieve All-Star status! It can be so much more than raffles tickets!
How to be a fundraising all-star
Need some more help getting your team’s fundraising started? Here are our simple top 10 tips to help make your fundraising easy and successful.
- Fundraising Hub: The Fundraising Hub is your first port of call and can really get your started on your Relay journey! Here you can upload photos, create a blog, and recruit team members and donors using our easy-to-use e-mailing system! The e-mailing system has pre-written emails for you to send to family, friends, and colleagues you can also send cool Thank You messages! Don’t forget to set a fundraising goal and share it on social media!
- Get Your Team Involved: As the saying goes, ‘Many Hands Make Light Work’ so get your team involved! Organise fun-draising events like car washes, have a cinema or movie night, host a dinner party, casual clothes day at work or school, morning teas, bake sales, trivia nights, hold a raffle by asking local business for prizes, or even be an assistant for someone for a day!
- Sharing is Caring: Social media is a great place to recruit team members and donors. Share your profile to social media, Facebook is a great place for this, and tell everyone why you’re Relaying! Your personal story can really motivate people to get behind your cause and donate.
- Set ambitious, yet attainable goals!
- Year Round Effort: Make your fundraising efforts a year round effort, start early and give yourself plenty of time to brainstorm and plan. With each event you learn what works in your community, and you can change and adapt as the year moves on!
- Make the first donation: If you back yourself, others will too so give yourself a head start and make the first donation then share your donation via email and social media! You can also let people know how different donation amounts can help make a difference.
- On The Day Fundraising: Talk to your event organiser and see if you can do any on-site fundraising. Try making something and selling it, have a lemonade stand, or a sausage sizzle!
- Limit your costs: Whether it’s a venue, prizes for a raffle or service you might be surprised how generous local businesses can be, all you have to do is ask!
- Bank your fundraising money as you go: It’s super fun seeing your fundraising tally rise on your individual and team page. Try to bank your money before the Relay so we can announce the fundraising total at the closing ceremony. Your team may also go in the draw to win prizes on the day!
- Thank you, thank you! Always thank your supporters, whether it’s a small or large donation, or even if they cheered you on until the last lap! Let them know how grateful you are, we even have a Thank You Letter you can download to help!