Where the Money Goes
In the past seven years, Relayers in Australia have raised over $137,500,000. This is where that money went.
Here’s how you’re making a difference
At Cancer Council we believe it’s so important to show you, our supporters, just how vital Relay For Life is in our mission to beat cancer. As a community-funded organisation, we rely on the goodwill of thousands of donors, fundraisers and volunteers to fund our much-needed research and programs. Through the funds raised at Relay For Life, more than 61,000 Australian lives have been saved over the last 20 years. Improvements in cancer prevention and screening mean that less people will hear the words, “you have cancer”. Advances to cancer treatments allow cancer patients to spend more time with their loved ones. You, our supporters, have played a huge part in this, and by continuing to participate in Relay For Life we will save more lives. Thank you.
Your donations at work
- $5 can help us give a newly-diagnosed cancer patient important support and information resources to help them through their cancer journey.
- $10 can help offer free exercise programs that assist cancer patients in building strength and fitness during and after treatment.
- $25 can help transport cancer patients to and from hospital for treatment.
- $50 can help the Cancer Council 13 11 20 provide free and confidential information and support on all aspects of cancer.
- $100 can help provide free accommodation for cancer patients, their families and carers during treatment.
- $500 can help pay an overdue electricity, phone, gas or rates bill for a cancer patient who has not been able to work.
- $5000 can help fund ground-breaking research into new and better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.